SCHS Header
Link to Homepage
Link to About Us page
Link to Staff & Board page
Link to Ross Center page
Link to Exhibits page
Link to Events Calendar page
Link to Archives page
Link to Online Store
Link to Membership page
Link to Volunteer page
Link to Contact Us page
Historical photo show 100 years ago header


100 Years Ago


Agriculture
Black History
Canal
Civil War
Downtown
Education
Entertainment
Events
Gold Rush
Immigration
Indians
Industry
Landmarks
Law and Order
Organizations
People
Pioneers
Politics
Sports
Transportation
War
Women

Peerless Bread Machine

Peerless Bread Machine Company got its start in 1907 as a successor to the Standard Clutch Mfg. Company. E. J. Griffis was its first president. The firm manufactured a bread molder that had been invented by John Sexauer of Sidney, whose family ran a bakery here for many years. The first Peerless location, (pictured below), was at the corner of East Avenue and Clinton Street. Peerless Machinery Corp is now located at 500 South Vandemark Road in Sidney.

peerless bread machinery

Industry segment written in January, 1998 by Rich Wallace

 

[ Back to Industry Index ]

 

Article Footer
SCHS footer Link to Home page Link to About Us Information Link to the Ross Center Information Link to our Events Calendar Information Link to our Archives Information Link to our Online Store / Products Information Link to our Membership Information Link to our Volunteering Information Link to our Contact Information Link to Staff & Board Information Link to our Current & Upcoming Exhibits Information Link to our Donation Information